This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Little Thatch is an ideal haven for relaxation with secluded garden, the beach and town centre only a 5 minute walk away.
Little Thatch sleeps up to 6 people and has 3 bedrooms, one being on the ground floor with an adjacent wet room that can be used as an en suite if desired. The bedroom and wet room has a step free and level entry.
The cottage was built in circa 17th Century but has been fully refurbished to make your stay as comfortable as possible. As such the existing stair case is narrow and would cause negotiating problems for people with greater accessibility requirements.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01243 211102 or email [email protected]
• The nearest bus stop is at the top of the road about 150 yards from the cottage, our bus drivers should be asked to stop at the Fishermans Joy Public House. There is no a shelter or seating here. All buses can accommodate one wheelchair. Buses to and from Chichester run every 15 to 30 minutes during the week and every hour on Sundays. Bus times can vary, for further details see the bus operator’s website www.stagecoach.co.uk.
• The main road outside the cottage has a narrow tarmac path that is uneven in places.
• A local company supplies equipment for hire, contact Keith Jay Care Centres 01243 607224.
• The nearest Shop mobility is 8 miles away in Chichester, contact 01243 816616 between 9:30am and 11am.
• We can arrange for shopping to be delivered in time for your arrival, please let us know your requirements when booking on the pre arrival questionnaire, this will be sent to you with your booking confirmation. Alternatively, you can place an order directly with Waitrose, Tesco or Asda on their online grocery ordering websites. Budgens in the High Street will deliver, shopping purchased in store if your order is over £25.
• Our brochure with hire rates for Little Thatch and this Access Statement are available in larger print on request.
Key Collection, Welcome and Car Parking
• The keys will be ready for your arrival, and one of our representatives can meet you and assist you on arrival.
• Parking is on the street and generally available for 2 cars outside the cottage, there are no dropped kerbs.
• There is a level path to the side of the property and just a small threshold to the front door.
• Outside lights will be left on for you if you arrive during the hours of darkness.